The Eclipse Foundation has announced the 2.0 release of the Eclipse PHP Development Tools project (PDT). The project is sponsored by Zend and forms the basis of the commercial product Zend Studio.
Major features of this release include:
- A Hierarchy view for navigating the PHP object hierarchy.
- Easy searching for PHP types.
- Override indicators for PHP methods that override other methods.
- Performance improvements from using a new indexing and caching engine from the DLTK project.
- Improved code completion.
The PDT project is one of Eclipse's most popular downloads, with more than 1 million downloads to date. The plug-ins are available from the download page or through the download site at: