Announced today at the Yahoo! Developer Network, YSlow 0.9.5 beta 1 has been released to address issues with Firefox and Firebug Compatibility.
In this release, you'll find:
- Firefox 3 beta 5 support
- Support for the latest versions of the different Firebug branches
- Pie chart representation of the components in the Stats tab
- Improved display in the expanded CSS expressions rule report in the Performance tab
- Support for disabled Firebug Net Panel (default behavior in Firebug 1.2)
- Misc fixes for the reports in the Tools section
You can download the tool here, report bugs here, read the performance rules, and participate in the performance mailing list discussions.
Read the full announcement
If you haven't heard of it before and are wondering what it does, YSlow analyzes web page performance and tells you why performance is slow. It's integrated into Firefox as a plug-in for Firebug. You can learn more about YSlow by reading the user guide.