Cuong Tham over at Code Central created a YUI based Lightbox library and has just released the final version. For those of you unfamiliar with Lightbox, check this out.
What's New in this release?
The most significant change in this version of the lightbox is that image thumbnails are no longer required for creating lightbox instance. That implies that you can create an image gallery without the presence of image thumbnails. The more exciting aspect of this new feature is that you can virtually grab any image from the internet and include it in your gallery.
Below is the detailed list:
* Ability to view full size and auto-fit version of the image
* Settings for changing background mask opacity and color
* keyboard shortcuts
* Tooltip panel for displaying extra information
* Navigation control toolbar
* Image transition effect
* External stylesheet for styling
* Fixed image goes outside of viewport bug
* Removed extra scrollbar when the image can be fit into the viewport
The lightbox has been tested in Firefox 188.8.131.52, IE 7, Opera 9.21.
Check out a demo with thumbnails and without thumbnails [I recommend the black or the white theme as they look best].
Click here to read the full article and download the source code.