JRuby 1.1.4 Released
By Brennan Spies - Posted on August 29th, 2008
- A substantially re-written Ruby-Java integration layer.
- Big improvements in performance: about 2-20x.
- Reduction of garbage collection cycles (efficient memory usage).
- Experimental support for Ruby 1.9 (via the --1/9 flag)
- Started support for the win32 API
- Ported Rubinius' FFI subsystem for integrating with C libraries
- Addition of OSGi metadata to the jruby.jar
- Lots of bug fixes (72 issues resolved since version 1.1.3)
The full release notes are here.
You can download the new version here.